[Dixielandjazz] Chris Botti

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 14:32:02 PDT 2006

At least one person here in the Heartland is usually choosing Australian
Shiraz these days.  I must not be the only one as it is turning up more and  more
when I request it in various establishments.  And shiraz goes quite  well
with feelings of gratitude to the French, much of Europe, and yes,  Australia,
etc. -- all those spots elsewhere that kept the love of jazz alive  while we
short attention span Americans, including me bought Elvis  records.  And from
where does shiraz come?  According to Winkipedia  and a travelogue book I just
finished,
"It got its name from _Shiraz_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiraz) --the
city of flowers, wine  and poetry in _Persia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persia) /_Iran_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran) --in the heart of an ancient
winemaking region."
Ginny

In a message dated 8/10/2006 3:55:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,