[Dixielandjazz] Strange Gigs

patcooke77 at yahoo.com patcooke77 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 04:56:48 PDT 2006

This is a second hand story....I was not there, but a reed player told me he was playing in a club in underground Atlanta.  One of the things they did was play the Saints, and march around the place, including walking along the bar.  Since this was underground, there were some exposed pipes overhead from the units above.  One of the players left his instrument on the stand, and when he got up on the bar, decided to swing from one of the overhead pipes.  The pipe broke and sewerage spilled all over the bar and its patrons....also the reed player.