[Dixielandjazz] Strange gigs - requesting Rocky Ball's classic fiasco in GA

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Tue Aug 8 12:36:09 PDT 2006

Dear List Mates,

First: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO PAT COOKE!!!

I¹ve enjoyed these strange gig stories.
I¹m wondering if anyone has on file the strange gig that ROCKY BALL posted
several years ago about performing for a group of Japanese businessmen at a
country club in Georgia. Remember that one? It started to rain, but they
insisted on barbequing, so moved it indoors and smoked the place out, and
the band made a small fortune in tips to play (numerous times!!!) ³My Old
Kentucky Home.² What a great story teller Rocky is! I thought I had saved it
but can¹t find it now. Please send it to me if you have it! Maybe Rocky is
still on the list???

Thanks in advance, Nance