[Dixielandjazz] Another strange Gig

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Aug 6 01:01:28 PDT 2006

Sometime in the '80s when I lived in Tinsel Town, I got a call for a gig.

It seems that a man had a friend that was flying from Germany to Hawaii, or
Tahiti, or somewhere such as that.  He told his friend that if he would stop
by Los Angeles, he would meet him at the airport with a Dixieland band.

Well, the guy in Germany took him up on it.

We were hired to go to LAX, play one song, "When The Saints Go Marching In"
while the guy from Germany was walking off of the airplane.

We played one song and went home.  For this, we each got paid $100.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

A good friend will help you move.
a REALLY good friend will help you move the body.