[Dixielandjazz] A reinterpretation of an old John Cage work

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 11:15:55 PDT 2006

Listmates,

Regarding my erudite comment on the collected works of genius John Cage,
Paul Edgerton writes:

>Bill, I am really disappointed in you. I know you hold Cage's 4'33" in
>the highest esteem because I have often heard you rehearsing certain of
>its more technical passages until you are able to execute them with
>complete fidelity to the composer's intent.

What Paul didn't reveal is that I have transcribed that lengthy and
difficult compositon for the C melody washboard.

It is one of the few compositions I perform on the washboard that leaves the
audience in genuine appreciation of my talents.  Go figure.

As Paul says:

>Cage's masterpiece is the kind of work that leaves listeners speechless.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill  "       "  Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com