[Dixielandjazz] 5 reasons to sign up for SacJazz-E-News

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Sat Apr 29 14:49:11 PDT 2006

Please COPY and PASTE into a fresh e-mail,
then send to
ALL JAZZ LOVERS!!!

-------

From: Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society
Reply to: info at sacjazz.org
Subject: 5 reasons to sign up for SacJazz-E-News

Greetings from the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society!
You¹re invited to sign-up and receive our e-newsletter.

What will you find in SacJazz-E-News when you subscribe?

1 -- Sacramento Jazz Jubilee updates
2 -- Upcoming guest artists for STJS Jazz Sundays
3 -- Free concerts and special events
4 -- Latest STJS news
5 -- Jazz history brain teasers, and more

SIGN UP NOW! Click here:
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1101268614684>
or visit <http://www.sacjazz.org> (³Refresh² the page if no sign-up link is
visible.)
Jazz-E-News will arrive periodically and always include an ³opt-out² link.
Privacy policy: We respect your privacy and do not share your info with
others.

The 33rd annual Sacramento Jazz Jubilee is May 26-29, 2006.
BUY JUBILEE BADGES ON-LINE up to two weeks ahead.
Click here: <http://tickets.sacjazz.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc>

Order Jubilee badges by phone up to one week ahead.
Sounds like FUN!

Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society (STJS)
2787 Del Monte St.
West Sacramento, CA 95691
(916) 372-5277
www.sacjazz.org

Jazz-E Brain Teaser:
When people think of jazz, they think of Louis Armstrong, born in the city
of (1)___ _______. After firing a gun in the air, Louis was sent at age
twelve to reform school where he first learned to play (2)______. Years
later, he was given his first real cornet, along with some instruction, by
(3)___ ³____² ______. Louis left his home town in 1922 for Chicago to play
with the (4)______ ____ ____ led by King Oliver. There, he met piano player
and arranger (5)___ ______, whom he married in 1924.

Answers: 1--New Orleans.  2--cornet.  3--Joe ³King² Oliver.  4--Creole Jazz
Band.  5--Lil Hardin.

------ End of Forwarded Message