[Dixielandjazz] Indy 500

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 02:22:41 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/27/2006 12:01:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

Steve  barbone wrote:

>Anyone we know playing this gig? The parade draws  250,000 live audience and
>will be broadcast on ESPN2 to who knows how  many. (see paragraph 2)
>
>Cheers,
>Steve  Barbone

I  have played for the "official" 500 party twice.  Once with Stan Kenton's
Band and once with the Dukes of Dixieland.  We had a ball both times, and
were special guests for both the parade and the race, with excellent  seats.  The
year that we did it with the Kenton Band, I actually got pit  passes for Stan
and I and we got to hang out with some of the drivers.
It is truly one of the most spectacular events in the world.  Lots of
people, lots of excitement and lots of fun!
Boy, would I love to do it again.
Mike Vax