[Dixielandjazz] A GREAT NIGHT IN HARLEM - Benefit's New Orleans Musicians

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Thu Apr 27 10:21:06 PDT 2006

I see the name Harold Mabern in the lineup.  He was over here a couple
of years back for our Jazz en Tête festival.  What a piano player and
what a FUN guy!!!  Have any of you worked with him??  I hung out with
him for four days and we never stopped laughing.

He, like me, is a Harold Arlen fan and he knows 'em all.  I don't know
why he has never recorded a 'Harold plays Harold' album.

I doubt he'd remember me but if anyone is to see him, please give him a
big howdydoo from the tuba yank in Clermont-Ferrand.

All the best, Gary