[Dixielandjazz] San Jose Jazz Festival

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Apr 26 22:38:34 PDT 2006

There have been many local OKOM bands that have tried in the past and
it was a most impossible path. They were so reluctant to have
anything except "new jazz" and "latin jazz" and "big name mainstream
jazz" headliners... Bill Graham started the "New Orleans by the Bay"
in nearby Mountain View to compete with SJ Jazz Fest and it had a
fair run of OKOM/ New Orleans / Blues & Boogie (many acts that played
the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Fest.) But after he died it started
a long slow decline and city vs. Clear Channel Communications (who
bought out BGP) political battles finally did that one in. ..

Dave Richoux