[Dixielandjazz] Re: Death of William Gottlieb, renowned jazz photographer

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 25 20:00:07 PDT 2006

Dear Norman,
Thank you for the news and obit regarding the fine photographer William
Gottlieb.
And for the information regarding the Library of Congress collection.
I Googled >William Gottlieb, jazz< and opened the following link to the
Library of Congress site
    memory.loc.gov/ammem/wghtml/wghome.html
Based on Steve Barbone's comment, I then searched for >52nd Street<, came up
with 100 photographs, chose 'Galley View' and found in the first batch some
street scenes which would seem to include the one Steve has on his wall,
based on his description.
It is a great browsing site, well worth a visit, and appears to include the
entire jazz photograph collection acquired by the LoC from Mr Gottlieb.
Kind regards,
Bill.