[Dixielandjazz] HOLOCAUST - A Music Memorial Film from Auschwitz on PBS this week

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 23:44:47 PDT 2006

I know that this group is devoted to OKOM; however I feel compelled to
recommend this BBC special about Auschwitz which tells the story of  musicians who
lived and performed in this death camp.

To paraphrase the words of a surviving cellist "we were able to go on  an
island to escape the terror."

The film opens with Mozart's Requiem, performed by the Sinfonietta  Cracovia.
Mozart's music set the tone of "grant them everlasting peace" so  perfectly.

Such an inexcusable waste of human life and talent must never be  forgotten.

Respectfully,
Art Wood