[Dixielandjazz] Re: Fly Like a Bird.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 23 15:31:07 PDT 2006

> There's a country blues tune called "Fly Like a Bird," and which has as its
closing words:
"A calm will descend and there's peace at the end of the darkest night
Sometimes I cry, sometimes I fly like a bird."<

Dear Mike,
Is this the one?
Boz Scaggs
>From his 1994 'Some Change' album - Virgin CD 39489.
Kind regards,
Bill.

"Fly Like A Bird".
There was a howl that night
A howling like they never heard before
A cry so loud old granddad almost hit the door
He said, "I love this child as much as any one that she ever bore,
But I thank the Lord we won't be having any more."

Then the baby heard the sweetest sound he'd ever heard
In tones so beautiful he hung on every word
She sang, "Hush, my love, granny's little dove is going to take to the sky."
It was on such a night he learned to fly like a bird.

Now the years have passed and memories come and go
He hears that voice that rocked him gently so
A calm will descend and there's peace at the end of the darkest night
Sometimes I cry, sometimes I fly like a bird.

Now the years have passed and memories come and go
He hears that voice that rocked him gently so
Well, the rain's gonna fall and the wind my blow in the darkest night