[Dixielandjazz] Re: American Idol - Redux

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Apr 21 10:23:51 PDT 2006

Lots of people would gladly spend a few thousand bucks to keep their kid
alive on that program just one more week.  It might make sense because the
top ten end up with all kinds of recording deals.  You don't have to be the
top winner.  It might even be worth $100K to place your kid in the top 5.
Yes they might mortgage the farm but in big business which what this is
$100K is a drop in the bucket when millions might be made.  $100k and a few
computers can buy a lot of votes.  I would also bet you that there are a lot
of middle class families that could manage that kind of bucks and would do
it.  How much is that 15 minutes of fame worth?  How much would that
national air time cost if you bought it if you could buy it?  How much is
even being on that program in the top 20 worth?  So a few thousand  fifty
cent pieces might be cheap.

On that show it's like running from a bear.  As long as you can run faster
than the slowest guy you are OK.
Larry Walton
St. Louis