[Dixielandjazz] Re: I need a track name on a Bob Zurke recording.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 16 21:05:35 PDT 2006

Dear Lowell,
The 'name' in Australia given to you by Bob Ringwald is probably me, as I
frequently provide this type of information to the list.
The extensive Merrit LP series was produced by NY-based Jerry Valburn during
the early 1980s.
I have most, if not all of them.
LPs in the series were not without some layout problems, and this was one of
them.
16 tracks on the disc, but only 15 titles mention in the discographal notes.
The missing title you are looking for is "Between 18th and 19th Chesnut
Street".
It belongs with the "Holy Smoke session of 15 Dec 1939.
There is a vocal by trumpet player, Sterling Bose, which identifies it
(sorry about that).
If you would prefer the complete sessions of the orch (minus 2 titles,
including a waltz), they have been issued on Hep CD 1076.
It is still in stock at Worlds Records, Novato CA.
Kind regards,
Bill.