[Dixielandjazz] What Now?

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Apr 16 10:57:14 PDT 2006

Steve:
I don't know if you remember about a year ago one of the upscale Sr. Citizen
communities were requiring bands to have large insurance policies.  I was
quite surprised because their contract was clearly for food and other
services.  I can understand that they might want a food or medical service
to be insured for a lot of money but they were applying the same to everyone
that came in the door.

I talked to another band that plays OKOM and it didn't take long for word to
travel and pretty soon no one would play there.  They quickly changed back.

For some reason this seems turned around.  I always send them MY contract.
If I sign theirs then I am and employee or subcontractor of theirs.

The only reason why I could understand such a contract is that younger bands
in order to make a name for themselves do some pretty bizarre things that
sometimes result in personal injury, property damage and even riots.  Then
there are wardrobe malfunctions by artists.  The list goes on and on.
Larry
St. Louis