[Dixielandjazz] Jon Erik Kellso at N.O. Jazz I Heritage Festival

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 15 12:40:06 PDT 2006

This from Jon Erik. Note the last couple of paragraphs for his play times.

Cheers,
Steve

MSN to Video Bands Together With Music Legends for Video Webcast of the 2006
New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

REDMOND, Wash., April 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- MSN is celebrating the
return of the legendary New Orleans Jazz & Heritage musical event by
bringing select performances into homes around the globe April 28-30 and May
5-7. MSN has entered into an agreement with the 2006 New Orleans Jazz &
Heritage Festival to be the exclusive webcast provider of the first Jazz
Fest following the catastrophic events of Hurricane Katrina and will donate
all the advertising proceeds to benefit New Orleans Katrina Relief efforts.
The webcast is scheduled to include concert performances by globally popular
artists such as Jimmy Buffett, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Simon
and the Dave Matthews Band, as well New Orleans music legends including Dr.
John, Allen Toussaint, Irma Thomas and Buckwheat Zydeco. Viewers can tune in
to the festival coverage at <http://msnvideo.com/jazzfest> .

To enable an even deeper connection with the bands, MSN is planning to
provide listeners with interactive and dynamic links from the webcast page
to artist photos, interviews, feature stories and other content.

"The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a landmark music and cultural event, and
MSN is honored to be a part of this year's festival and to give people
everywhere a front-row seat to see their favorite artists and experience the
rich culture of New Orleans," said Rob Bennett, general manager for
Entertainment and Video Services at MSN.

The 37th annual Jazz Fest will be held at its traditional home at the New
Orleans Fair Grounds Race Course (a Churchill Downs Company) and is expected
to draw hundreds of thousands of fans to the event.

"We're inviting the world to come to Jazz Fest with the help of MSN," said
festival producer and director Quint Davis. "MSN is enabling a global
audience to embrace the music and soul of New Orleans, bringing amazing
musicians, culture and the goodwill of our great city into the homes of
millions who continue to support our community following Hurricane Katrina."

About Jazz Fest
The New Orleans Jazz Festival and Foundation Inc. is the nonprofit
institution that oversees the New Orleans Jazz Festival presented by Shell.
The Foundation uses proceeds from the Festival to develop and support
special projects designed to preserve and perpetuate the area's rich music
and cultural heritage. For information on the Foundation and its programs,
visit nojhf.org or call 504-522-4786. The New Orleans Jazz Festival
presented by Shell is a co-production of Festival Productions L.L.C. (a
wholly owned subsidiary of Festival Productions Inc.-New Orleans) and AEG
Louisiana Production L.L.C. (a subsidiary of AEG LIVE).

About MSN Video
MSN Video is one of the largest video-only streaming services on the Web,
watched by more than 11 million unique users per month. In addition to
streaming news, entertainment and sports video clips from more than 45
content partners, MSN Video presents a broad array of live events to online
audiences worldwide. More than 50 top advertisers support MSN Video, which
is available to consumers at no charge. MSN Video is available on the Web at
http://msnvideo.com/ to consumers in the U.S.

MSN Video is also live in Australia, Canada and Japan, and in Spanish in the
U.S.; the service also is in beta testing in the U.K.
Friday April 28th I'm playing at Jazz Fest with the Louisiana Repertory
Orchestra- 4:30-5:40 pm, including Tom Saunders- tuba, Jacques Gauthe-reeds,
Neil Unterseher- banjo, David Boeddinghaus-piano, Connie Jones-cornet, John
Joyce-drums/leader.

Saturday April 29th--in the afternoon I'm playing at Jazz Fest w/Banu
Gibson, I don't know if my performances will be broadcast.

cheers,
Jon
http://www.kellsojazz.com