[Dixielandjazz] Update on the Elkhart, Ind festival in June

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Sat Apr 15 05:19:52 PDT 2006

I completely agree with you on the quality of the Elkhart festival.  On
small beef is that MKOM includes more than OKOM, and a lot of MKOM has been
eliminated (but Cathy Morris and Collage go on and on and on...).  But
that's another story.

I would add one thing. I received an email from the festival this week that
announced that if you order tickets by MONDAY (so that would have to be
either online or by phone), you still get a discount.  Through Monday Patron
Passes are $160 (reduced from $175) and Jazz Passes (admission to all
sessions are $90 (reduced from $105).  Session passes are reduced by $5.00
through Monday:  Evening Passes are $35 (reduced from $40), and afternoon
passes are $25 (reduced from $30).

I ordered our passes yesterday.  I'll be the full-figured guy sitting in the
patron section, probably wearing a White Sox cap of some sort.

Hal Vickery