[Dixielandjazz] Re: Hip Cowboy

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 14 15:14:03 PDT 2006

>........... I'm wondering if anyone on the DJML -- Bill Haesler, maybe? -- has
the discographical particulars for The Hip Cowboy.<

Dear Ed,
Your wish is my command.
(An easy one for a change.)

Slim Gaillard and His Orchestra
Unknown, t; Bennie Green,tb; unknown, as; Buddy Tate, ts; Maceo Williams, p;
Slim Gaillard, g/vcl; Clyde Lombardi, b; Charlie Smith, d.
New York, August, 1951

C586-1    The Hip cowboy    Clef 8956, EPC161, MGC138, Verve MGV2013
                                                 GLP 6998, Norgram EPN 55

Verve MGV2013 titled "Smorgasbord--Help yourself".

The other tunes from this session were:
C583-2    For You
C584-2    If You're So Smart, Why Ain't You Rich ?    (unissued)
C585-3    Yip Rock Heresay
C587-2    Chicken Rhythm

If you need them, I should also have the details for the other tunes on your
LP.
Just provide the titles as it will save me some search time.

Kind regards,
Bill.