[Dixielandjazz] Herman Chittenson

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Thu Apr 13 09:40:46 PDT 2006

Bless my mate Bill Haesler for dropping in a name I had not heard in
years but was delighted to hear it anew.
Herman Chittenson -- a great solo piano strider that I first recall
learning abou ot formrecords but form his part in a weekly radio
detective show, "Casey - crime photographer." Each week the protagonist
Casey would end up in a bar setting with a piano man playig great solo
piano jazz in the backgroound. The producers even let Herman play a ahlf
song at times before the talking started to cover it.
A sweet player that I later got to know though recordings as well.
Good on you Bill for a moment of most pleasant  recollections.
My turn, now -- Lee Countryman. Your take on him.
Don Ingle