[Dixielandjazz] Monkey Songs

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 16:50:10 PDT 2006

Hi Sue:

I think we are talking about different songs. In checking the website for
"Can Make a Monkey of Me" and "Monkey out of Me" listed below, their lyrics
and melody appear to be different from the glandular "Made a Monkey Out Of
Me" which you describe.

In any event, if folks are looking for new songs to play, those on the
website  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/monkeytrial/sfeature/sf_music.html
are readily adaptable to Dixieland and humorous as well. Perfect for the
Boondockers (Bill Gunter et al), and quite topical given the trial
anniversary.

The web site contains the words and and the music of each tune.

Cheers,
Steve