[Dixielandjazz] Cubs Band Article

jcblegen at sbcglobal.net jcblegen at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 10 08:39:56 PDT 2006

> I will add a Butterman story (but first note that the article called
> Eric Schnieder a guitarist, but the last I heard he was atill a
> saxophone player.)

Yes, indeed, there were a couple of inaccuracies in the article.  Eric Schneider is most
emphatically a wonderful saxophone and clarinet player, and he does not "sit in" with the
Cubs band: he substitutes now and then with it, sometimes replacing me and sometimes,
using a tenor, replacing Tom Bartlett.

And, yes, Ted plays a B natural cornet and drives brass players crazy when they watch his
fingers.

--
John Blegen
jcblegen.com