[Dixielandjazz] Robert Parker's Jazz Classics in Stereo

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 8 23:21:06 PDT 2006

Dear friends,
The following site has been drawn to my attention by my mate Denis King,
moderator of the Australian Dance Bands list.

"Attached is the 18 part radio broadcast series, "Robert Parker's Jazz
Classics In Stereo"
The remastering of these great tracks is unbelieveable.
Denis."

 http://www.lagniappe.la/whoshotparker.asp

Most DJMLers will know of the late Robert Parker who, in the era before
digital manipulation, took classic jazz recordings and 'enhanced' them into
stereo performances.
Although he had his critics, who disliked his audio interpretation, others
lauded it, arguing that he was introducing 'cleaned up' scratchy old 78s to
a younger generation.
There is no doubt that Robert's radio series on Australia National Radio
(the ABC) and the subsequent LPs (later transferred to CD) brought classic
jazz and blues to a wide audience.
For that we most certainly thank him.
He was to later do the same thing in Britain on the BBC.
I am sure that these newly released radio programs will bring enjoyment to
many of you.
Kind regards,
Bill.