[Dixielandjazz] The Fatal Glass of Beer

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sat Apr 8 15:26:38 PDT 2006

G. William Oakley wrote:

> dingle at baldwin-net.com wrote:
>
> Ah,, Don,  you brought up one of the all time great Field's films.  In
> addition too, "It aint a fit night out for man nor beast,"  the other
> great line in the movie is, "The city isn't a fit place for a woman,
> but pretty men go there."
>
> Best
> Bill
>
>> Beliieve it, "it ain't a fit time out for man nor beast." (W.C.
>> Fields - the Fatal Glass of Beer).
>> That's my contribution to statistical trivia.
>> Don Ingle

One could recite Fieldsisms for hours, but my two favorties are:
"There comes a time in the life of every man when he wants to boot a kid
in the ass!"

and
'
"T'was a woman who drove me to drink -- and I never wrote to thank her"

And for the best visual -- the dentist chair scene with the pulling of a
tall broad's tooth. As close to screen copulation as the Hayes office
ever let slip by.
I won't even get started on Mae West lines or L&H bon mots. T'was an age
of genius and we who lived it are the blessed ones.
Don