[Dixielandjazz] Re: Tommy Pederson's Flight of the Bumblebee

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 7 18:37:22 PDT 2006

Dear Jim,
Thank you for the link to that rare video clip.
I have always wanted to see it.
It is from The Spike Jones Show, Tuesday 11 June 1957.
I have the audio performance on a rare Spike Jones' LP.
The sneezing pianist is Frank Leithner, who was also on the original Victor
78 of "The Jones Laughing Record" with Pederson. The one we all know and
love.
I'm sure that Don Ingle (whose father was one of the laffers on the original
78) will be able to add some more info.
Tommy Pederson (renowned for his double-tonguing) was a star of the Charlie
Barnet Orchestra (1944-53) worked with Geogie Auld, then joined the Ray
Anthony orch (1954-1960).
Kind regards,
Bill.