[Dixielandjazz] CDR's for "audio"

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Apr 7 11:10:35 PDT 2006

I use the standard CD-Rs and get good CD's from my computers with rarely a
bad one.  They seem to play in almost anything and my home CD is pretty
finicky.  It sometimes skips all over the place with commercial CD's.

I guess I could be really dense but what is the advantage of the machines
just for CD's with their music media?  It seems to me that using a computer
and regular CD-R's is just about as good if not equal.  The school that I
work for has a CD recorder that makes copies and you have to have more
expensive media and finalize the recording each time.  I got one the other
day that won't even load into my car CD.  It just instantly spits it out.

You guys with a lot more knowledge can fill me in.
Larry Walton
St. Louis