[Dixielandjazz] Giant's Opener today

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 23:11:00 PDT 2006

Today I went to the SF Giant's home opener...I arrived got there a little early and listened to "The Toot Sweet" jazz band playing in front of a new restaurant called "The Kingfish". It's right across the street from the ball park..."Toot Sweet" set the mood perfectly...
There were about six people there who were survivors of the '06 San Francisco earthquake, and during the opening ceremony, they all threw out the "First Ball". All were over 100 years old!
THEN, catastrophy struck! A "jazz" trumpet player from San Francisco played HIS rendition of our National Anthem! It was VERY difficult to recognise it! The crowd, of course, roared it's approval...Where are you Tommy Loy, when we need you! For 22 years, HE did it right for the Cowboys in Dallas!
Giants 6, Atlanta Braves 4....
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
Cell..209-747-1148