[Dixielandjazz] Problems For Traveling Musicians

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Apr 6 12:46:16 PDT 2006

While I am not directly involved with the bookwork (visas) for bands coming
to Sacramento from outside the US, I do know that the new rules & laws have
been a nightmare for the festival.  In some cases, we have to pay for a
whole band to actually fly to a different country to visit the Us embassy.
Because of the added cost, this can really put bands from some
countries out of the running to come play Sacramento, unless they want to
pay for their extra trip for visas themselves.

And I know it takes almost a year to get clearance for them from the (as
Danny Barrett calls them) Dept of Homeland Insecurity.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)
530/642-9551