[Dixielandjazz] Audio CD's

Don jdrobertson at att.net
Thu Apr 6 09:07:37 PDT 2006

A big Thank You to,
Bill H., Dan, Fr. Mike, Kash and especially Lowell for the education on
Audio CD's.

Now I must break the news to my friend that he must get these to use his
TEAC machine.  I'm sure he was trying to use the data CD's I left him to
use on his computer.  He is somewhat technically challenged and has not
mastered the  art of  making music CD's on his computer.  Especially
with the closet full of LP's and '78's  not to mention the reel to reel
tapes he has amassed over the years.

I have been blithely burning music on data CD's from my computer for
several years with only an occasional glitch and the production of
another coaster (or mini frisbee).  I've learned to select a write speed
other than MAX.  Of course I don't know what said CD's will sound like
in few years.

So it's off to search for a local source for music CD's and hope my
friend Bill's TEAC will like them.  I've already found several on line
sources, but haven't seen audio CD's at the local Office Depot or
Staples lately (of course I haven't been looking for them).

Don Robertson
Napa, CA