[Dixielandjazz] New York Visit

jazzjerry at aol.com jazzjerry at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 13:21:21 PDT 2006

Hi all,

  I have been away from the DJML for a number of months now but
inevitably felt drawn back to the high interlectual level of chat that
continues to take place over the ether.

  My reason for writing now is that I shall be visiting New York for
seven days from Monday 17th April and whilst I have jazz gigs planned
for five of my seven nights in Manhattan there are still two left and I
would appreciate suggestions. I am on my own without the dear lady who
avoids jazz whenever possible

 My itinerary so far is:-
 Monday 17th Harry Allen Quartet - Zuni's
  Tuesday 18th Jon-Erik Kellso & Dan Block Swing to Bop - Bacchus Room
(60 2nd Avenue)
 Wednesday 19th David Ostwald's Band - Birdland (Then on to Spamalot!)
  Thursday 20th Sidney Bechet Society concert with Wycliffe Gordon, Evan
Christopher et al
 Friday 21st Nothing planned yet
  Saturday 22nd Dick Hyman, Derek Smith, Johnny Varro + Vince Giordano's
Nighthawks - 92st Street Y
 Sunday 23rd Nothing planned yet

  So does anyone have any ideas for me to occupy either Friday or Sunday
or both! All suggestions gratefully received!

  Incidentally for those of you who might be interested I am still in
the record business and can supply CDs of excellent jazz of all styles
and very reasonable prices!

 Jerry
 Norwich,
  U.K.