[Dixielandjazz] Brass bass?

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Sep 28 18:20:08 PDT 2005

There was one very "clever" version of a tuba that was made in a few
examples in the 1930s - a bell front, very tall & skinny tuba held in a
rack that could be played while standing up - the idea was t have it
next to your string bass and be able to quickly move over to play tuba.

I have seen one in a museum and one "in the field" - not a great idea
in the long run...

Dave Richoux