[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Music50s/60s

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 17:52:16 PDT 2005

I have a VHS tape somewhere on which I recorded a program "Big Band Sounds". Other than the sounds from Big Bands, there are shorts of various musicians playing in a three minute or more short. Similar to the movie shorts of the 30s/40s.

Will dig it up and find my TV and tape player to see what it holds.

As for holding, don't hold your breath. I just uncovered my collection of the "Library of Congress records of Alan Lomax and Jelly Roll on Circle Records." been buried for over a year.

As to Jazz on the TV, wasn't there a Canadian Brass Band that played some Dixie along with othertypes of music for a period of time in the 60s. Remember seeing them on a TV I built at that time.

Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

Slainte

Ed Coltrin
WA6FWU