[Dixielandjazz] clean horn?

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Sep 26 20:23:44 PDT 2005

That's why I was asking about gold plating the inside of Sax necks.  The
guys at my repair shop say that some people have that done.  I was wondering
if anyone had had that done and did it make a difference.  My thought is
that gold won't pit and may resist crud sticking to it thus allowing the
tone at it's beginning to not be changed by anything.  Because the neck is
the closest thing to the tip of the reed next to the mouthpiece it could
influence the tone.  My repair guys always make a point that they cleaned my
neck.  They could be trying to tell me something.  Truthfully I haven't
noticed any difference but would pop for the gold plating if there was a
reason.

Larry Walton
St. Louis