[Dixielandjazz] FW: New jazz radio channel

brian at radiojazz.co.uk brian at radiojazz.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 09:04:42 PDT 2005

 I am delighted to announce the birth of a new free-to-air jazz radio
channel.
Titled the 'Hot Jazz Channel' its programmes are being hosted by my own new
non-profit-making web site www.radiojazz.co.uk which is being developed and
designed for me by my friend and computerologist John Booth.
Our policy is very simple - to give air time and exposure to both new and
well-established bands who are being ignored by the major radio stations.
The station requires no registration and no fees. It is genuinely free to
air and all the music being broadcast has been donated by the bands and
record companies who are supporting our efforts.
Every album from which we broadcast tracks will also be the subject of a
capsule review within the site. The site will also have several other
'Editorial' aspects like news pages, a review archive and links to other
worthwhile sites - these aspects are the subject of ongoing development.
Featured music in the first show - and we hope to air new shows every six
weeks or so - is by Mart Rodger's Manchester Jazz, The French Preservation
New Orleans Jazz Band with Fred Vigorito and Big Bill Bissonnette, The
Natural Gas Jazz Band, the Al Fairweather & Sandy Brown All Stars, Jim
Cullum's Jazz Band with Bobby Hackett, Chalumeau Serenaders with Matthias
Seuffert and Norman Field, Ken Colyer with the Classic Jazz Band, Sidney
Bechet with Johnny Windhurst, Papa Mutt Carey with Kid Ory's Creole Jazz
Band, the Chris Barber Jazz and Blues Band & the Bob Hunt Ellingtonians, Ben
and Emil Martyn's Fallen Heroes, the Manhattan Ragtime Orchestra, New
Orleans Delight with Gregg Stafford and Brian Towers, Phil Mason's New
Orleans All Stars, Sammy Rimington with John Petter's All Stars,  Terry
Lightfoot's Jazzmen, John Gill's Jazz Kings and finally the Pete Fountain
Quartet playing Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans.......
And of course we're always looking for new music to air.
If you have music you would like us to broadcast please contact me - Brian
Harvey