[Dixielandjazz] Re: Ashes

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 15 16:54:09 PDT 2005

[Snip]
>They used to think that the electron, the neutron, and the nucleus were the
smallest particles....... that tobacco was good for you....... the July 4th
birthday of Louis Armstrong...... Charlie Barnet played chimes on Duke
Ellington's 1933 [actually Aug 1930] recording of "Ring Dem Bells".<

Dear Stan,
Or that the first recordings ("Darktown Strutters Ball/Indiana") by the
Original Dixieland Jazz Band were made for Columbia on 30 Jan 1917 and
predate the Victors by about a month!

>Today we know better about a lot of things. Or should.<
I am in full agreement.

The debil made me do it!
8>)
Kind regards,