[Dixielandjazz] Fw: New Orleans Music in Dallas, TX

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 21:28:12 PDT 2005

This should be on the DJML...
B.Romans

Lindi Boyer is Tommy Loy's daughter...
Dearest Rebecca & Jim -

I can't thank you enough for sending me this e-mail and for calling to let me know Connie was in town.  My Mom remembered him when I talked to her tonight and she said he was one of Dad's buds whenever he went to the Big Easy.

How blessed we were to have Bud Dresser there as well - I know Dad was smiling and playing along with all the guys.  It made a HUGE difference to have a cornet in the mix as well as Bud's 'fluglebone'.  The crowd's loved it and it showed in their response & in the guys faces.   I think they actually had fun last night which has been missing for a long time. I only wish Hal Mayfield had been there to record the event!

Thanks again to all you guys for a great evening of fun, fellowship and fabulous 'traditional style' dixieland - you made me and my best friend Tommy proud!   Love, Lindi

Thompson <rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net> wrote:
  Last night at Maple Point Bar in Dallas, Texas, Jim and I experienced something we NEVER expected to hear in the this desert of OKOM music.

  Connie Jones and Jacques Gauthe are staying with relatives in Dallas and played one set with a group of fine Dallas players.  Jacques daughter, Nathalie sang several songs with them.  It was so great to hear the New Orleans sound.

  The tips to the band is going to the relief effort.  There is live music there twice a week and the owner has promised that they will give Connie and Jacques a place on their schedule.  We don't know how often or when yet, but this experience certainly lifted our spirits!

  Word is they will show up at Bavarian Grill on Tuesday night in Plano.  Wonderful that these musicians are getting to play and we are getting to HEAR.

  Rebecca Thompson
  Flower Mound, TX