[Dixielandjazz] Lead Sheets Required for two Verses

Graham Martin grahmartin at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 14 16:42:56 PDT 2005

G'day All,

I have searched through my large collection of music, in all the local music stores and on the Internet, but I just don't seem able to come up with the dots (lead sheets with chords and lyrics) for a couple of verses to favourite tunes that our band wishes to play. The verses (verses only!) that I require are for the tunes:

"I've Got A Feeling I'm Falling" by Fats Waller
"I've Got A Crush On You" by George Gershwin

Any help would be appreciated. And 'Yes', I'm only up to 'I' in sorting out the repertoire of The Southern Bay Stompers.

My favourite recorded version of "I've Got A Feeling I'm Falling" is by Pat Halcox and Friends on the CD 'There's Yes! Yes! In Your Eyes' put out by Jazzology. Along with others I am really concerned about the fate of the masters of all the Jazzology recordings in the New Orleans tragedy. It was good news that George Buck is safe but I hope the warehouse is on high ground. There is a ton of OKOM history in the Jazzology and associated labels masters.

For "I've Got A Crush On You" my top choice is from the LP 'Lee Wiley sings the songs of George & Ira Gershwin & Cole Porter. I've got a feeling the masters for this are also held by George H. Buck. Backing personnel for these recordings is largely Eddie Condon's gang.

Both recordings I believe are very much OKOM!

I guess this trombonist will have to resort to transcription if nobody can help out. Eeeek!

Email, fax or steam mail - anything will do. Thanks in advance!

Grah

Graham Martin
Email: grahmartin at bigpond.com
Website: http://tromjazz.netfirms.com