[Dixielandjazz] Re: Kansas City Kitty

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:07:26 PDT 2005

I sing it as:

"I just layed a chill on the famous Diamond Lil
When Kansas City Kitty smiled at me.
All the folks in New Rochelle said 'I ain't done right by Nell,'
When Kansas City Kitty smiled at me.
I gave Georgia Brown my watch case Sunday
And I gave Louisville Lu the works on Monday
I pass up those queens like I pass up Boston Beans
When Kansas City Kitty smiled at me.

Of course I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Bill Gunter