[Dixielandjazz] Re: Kansas City Kitty

Loerchen2 at aol.com Loerchen2 at aol.com
Wed Sep 14 13:23:17 PDT 2005

My sheet music gives the verse as:

"Folks in New Rochelle..."

and

"I gave Georgia Brown my watch case Sunday
I gave Louisville Lou the works on Monday"

(Louisville Lou being a popular song of the period...)

Sue

another displaced New Orleanian...

2.  I [ just played the  chp] for the famous Diamond    [Lil ]// when
Kansas City   Kitty smiled at     me.///   /// While
Folks in Nouro-   shal say "He ain't  done right by Nell,"// when
Kansas City   Kitty smiled at   me.///   ////
I gave  Georgia   Brown my watch case   Sun-///    day///
I gave Lula Ba-   loo the works on    Mon-///   day.///