[Dixielandjazz] Virginia Reed

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Sep 12 17:05:16 PDT 2005

I just received the following e-mail regarding Virginia Reed, from Barbara
Glenn.  Virginia was Paul's wife.  Paul Reed is the pianist for Cornet Chop
Suey.

(snip)
We had a message from Paul Reid, saying that Virginia
(his wife) has died.  She was a beautiful-and-dynamic woman, who was
diagnosed with
ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) about 14 months ago.  We've remained close to her
and
are terribly saddened, although glad that her suffering is over.  Paul has
been an
angel throughout this process, taking wonderful care of her.
Please let people know about this, will you?
(snip)