[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Music in Dallas, TX

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Sep 12 07:20:30 PDT 2005

Last night at Maple Point Bar in Dallas, Texas, Jim and I experienced
something we NEVER expected to hear in the this desert of OKOM music.

Connie Jones and Jacques Gauthe are staying with relatives in Dallas and
played one set with a group of fine Dallas players.  Jacques daughter,
Nathalie sang several songs with them.  It was so great to hear the New
Orleans sound.

The tips to the band is going to the relief effort.  There is live music
there twice a week and the owner has promised that they will give Connie and
Jacques a place on their schedule.  We don't know how often or when yet, but
this experience certainly lifted our spirits!

Word is they will show up at Bavarian Grill on Tuesday night in Plano.
Wonderful that these musicians are getting to play and we are getting to
HEAR.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX