[Dixielandjazz] Clarence" Gatemouth" Brown R.I.P.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Sep 11 21:48:44 PDT 2005

Hi Folks:  New Orleans Legendary music man.

Clarence has been battling lung cancer for the past year, and he made
it safely out of New Orleans before the Hurricane hit, but the news and
devastation proved to be just too much for him and he gave up and
passed on over.

I had the pleasure of meeting him and working on several festivals in
Europe with him over the past five years, and have some very fond
memories of a guy who could and did do it all,  Country, Blues, Jazz,
Big Band, Swing, etc, and did it all very well I might add.   A finer
all around artist never lived, not to mention his being a wonderful
warm and friendly approachable human being with a special love in his
heart for musicians.   He will be missed by many around the world.

Sadly

Tom Wiggins