[Dixielandjazz] Harry Epp RIP

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Thu Sep 8 16:13:37 PDT 2005

Re. Harry Epp, RIP

If "the eyes are the window to the soul," then Harry¹s eyes revealed a soul
that was vibrantly alive and in search of all that is joyous and beautiful
in this world. I try not to judge a person by their age or their color or
their looks, but those twinkling eyes spoke volumes of his character and the
person who brought them to life, brought them to sparkle and shine the way
they did. And what a great smile, too! He had the kind of zeal and
enthusiasm that made the world a better place -- the kind of zeal we all
should have to better enjoy our lives.

What a pleasure it was to see him last Sunday night at the Sweet & Hot Music
Festival in Los Angeles, to hear him say my name with delighted glee and
surprise, to hug him and bask in his radiant glow as he headed down the hall
to see and hear more of his favorite music performed by some of his favorite
musicians! I thought I was hugging him hello; I didn¹t realize I was hugging
him goodbye. I¹m so sorry he is gone but take comfort in knowing he had been
living life to the fullest, right up till the end.

My sincere condolences to Will C. and to Harry¹s family and friends. He will
be missed by many. So long, dear Harry! I know you¹re enjoying music,
wherever you are!! Rest in peace.

Love and hugs,
Nancy
³I¹m Just Wild About Harry²