[Dixielandjazz] trumpet player from New Orleans

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 11:02:23 PDT 2005

A trumpet player from New Orleans has surfaced in Phoenix....his name is
"Kid" Merv. I will meet him this weekend and we will get him some gigs. He  and
his wife were in the hospital when Katrina struck....they had a baby on
Sunday. After the storm they couldn't get out of the hospital for three
days....once they were rescued they flew to Phoenix and are staying with a  friend of his
sister.

Anybody know him?

Joe  Hopkins
AZ Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
AZ Classsic Jazz Festival  Co-Director
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band 602-810-5888 or  480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)