[Dixielandjazz] Stanleys Gig

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 6 12:30:12 PDT 2005

Hi All,
I film by the name of `Stanleys Gig` has been knocking around on our TV for a while. Today I happened to run across it while changing programmes.
It has quite a good sound track given the unlikely plot.
A ukelele playing therapist at an old peoples home discovers that one of the old ladies was a jazz singer in her youth. He picks up a trio of buskers in the street to try and get the old girl to show some interest in life again and to feature in a show.
There quite some good swinging numbers, Bill Bailey, Baby wont you please come home, Cant give you anything but love etc.and there is some pretty good uke playing.
Anyone else seen it or know anything about it.

Incidentally one of the make up crew was named Elizabeth Kashishian. One of your Jim?

Cheers

Pat

Cheers