[Dixielandjazz] Potential Band Gig

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 5 14:27:46 PDT 2005

Originally sent yesterday . .  didn't make today's Digest so I assume it got
swallowed up by the great spaghetti monster. Apologies if it reappears in
cyberspace and hits the list twice tomorrow. (Slight copy changes made on
this edition for identification)

Cheers,
Steve

tcashwigg at aol.com wrote:

> The SCHELLVILLE GRILL, in the heart of the Carneros Wine Valley, is
> looking for bands to play on Sundays. We have outdoor seating for our
> customers to enjoy our great food while you entertain them with your
> great music. Sunday music is offered from 3:30-7:30pm. We are also
> looking for bands for Friday evenings. We are only able to pay 200.00
> but this will include great food and beverages for the band.
>
> We are located in Sonoma at 22900 Broadway at 121 & 12. If interested
> phone us at (707)996-5151.
>

> Looking for Bands to play at our Restaurant (sonoma)
> Reply to: anon-90150184 at craigslist.org

Wonderful. I'd jump at it if I lived there. $200? Why heck, Tom, that ought
to cover the gas for one car and expenses from the Bay Area. $50 per hour
for a band. Wow. Great music is really worth a lot to these people isn't it?

The wait staff will make more per man than the band. Time to change jobs?

Gee Whiz, I just RAISED Barbone Street's band price, for new bookings, by
$120 to cover the increased cost of travel due to gas prices.

Who ever takes the gig, please be sure to order the most expensive things on
the menu. Music, what a business.

Unless, of course you need the exposure . . . yeah right.

Cheers????? :-(
Steve