[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland4Dixieland in Upstate New York

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 08:38:44 PDT 2005

Just to let everyone know, I have established agreement with two other  bands
in the upstate New York jazz community to create our own version of
"Dixieland4Dixieland".  The other bands are:  Dick Ames' Bearcat Jazz  Band from
Syracuse and Ray Skalski's Jambalaya Jazz Band from Buffalo.  We  have agreed to
mutually participate in three concerts, one in each city probably  beginning in
November, with all proceeds outside of real band expenses (travel  and food)
going to the Red Cross.  We will be contacting the jazz societies  in each city
to see how involved they want to be.  The event in Rochester  is probably
going to be a concert venue (yet to be confirmed) and therefore each  band will
be given a one hour slot to present their "best stuff" with a massed  band
finale.  Our band will be the last so that stragglers from the  audience would be
more likely to walk out on our nickel.  How the Buffalo  and Syracuse
bands/clubs decide to structure their concert is totally up to  them.

My apologies to other musicians and bands in the area that will want to be
involved, but I approached these two bands, because we felt an area-wide
upstate  NY approach would involve greater audience participation and  that these
bands all are very active in their respective cities  keeping early classic jazz
styles alive and vibrant.  I certainly do  not want to lose any friends over
this.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band
"...we ain't just  whistlling dixie!"