[Dixielandjazz] The Gulf

iVOR jONES BANJONES at SAPO.PT
Sat Sep 3 01:46:19 PDT 2005

Good try Bill,

Bill wrote
"Hurricane Katrina was a hurricane that caused extensive and severe damage
> over the southeastern United States, including Louisiana's largest city,
> New Orleans, in August, 2005. Federal disaster declarations blanketed
> 90,000 square miles of the United States, AN AREA ALMOST AS LARGE AS THE
> UNITED KINGDOM (emphasis mine)."<

Yes we know, but the USA is 43 times the size of  UK, with many times the
resources.
Norfolk, a low lying county is relatively, and I say, relatively, in  the
same proportion as your three devastated states.
And no matter what colour government would be in power in England in
response to the disaster, any Prime Minister would be on the case within the
hour.

And you say " The hatred and bitterness I feel coming from too many sources
is NOT helpful."

I have visited the states many  times, and have received nothing but
kindness from your countrymen. And it is because I have such an affection
for those I met in America that I feel bitter and angry about your
self-serving politicians.

> How prepared is the UK for a disaster of this magnitude which would render
> most of the UK a disaster area?>

This is facetious

Does anyone think for a moment that any thoughtful person would say hateful
> things about Tony Blair because he was unable to get disaster relief to
> the affected population overnight <

Oh I see Bill, in your book, 5 days is overnight

It's not just a few of us malcontents that are saddened and angered by what
is happening, British public, remember, your closest ally,
are totally bewildered by your government's inaction. Do you want the poll
ratings?

And John Farrell is a good and thoughtful man, which is why he wrote.

Bill,  there are none so blind who cannot see.

Ivor, expat Englishman.

And this is my last post on this disaster.

.