[Dixielandjazz] Some help for the musicians in New Orleans

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Sep 2 22:34:08 PDT 2005

Hi Mike:

I am looking for a large venue centrally located in N. California to
hold a weekend series of concerts, I urge all California and nearby
Bands interested in participating to contact me off list A.S.A.P. if
you can participate.   I would also like, to hear form ALL the
California Jazz Societies as well that would help in the publicity and
ticket sales for such an event.

Nobody is going to help the musicians any better than we can do
ourselves.  I have already started the wheels turning to organize
projects, and I have a 501-C-3 organization and Insurance, Back Line
equipment, P.a. systems, Stages and thirty plus years of experience to
promote the events.

I welcome volunteers and your skills let us all come together with only
one goal in mind, "to raise as much money as we possibly can"  Leave
our collective egos at home and rally round the cause.  We can make a
difference far beyond mailing a check to the Red Cross.  These New
Orleans Musicians will have problems and troubles long after the Red
Cross and United Way pack up and leave town.   These guys have no
homes, no instruments, and no place to work at home, so they will have
to live on the road, with our network of Jazz Societies and clubs we
can certainly offer them work, and a place to stay while they are
visiting.

Time to pay back to the system that gave us all what we have and enjoy.

Sincerely,

Tom Wiggins
1-925-952-4585
1-297-7544  mobile