[Dixielandjazz] Pardon my correcting the record

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Sep 2 02:07:15 PDT 2005

Kaye:   1933: "A Hundred Years From Today", from show "Blackbirds of
1933/34" -- Music by Victor Young with lyric by Ned Washington. Best
examples on record are by Lee Wiley and Jack Teagarden.
Sorry to contradict you on song credit -- but the best thing that i
remember from Bobby Sherwood was Elk's Parade, a swingng big band number
ala the dixie-oriented Bob Crosby Orchestra. Must have worn out several
78's playing it when I was in jr.and sr. high. Bobby was a good
trumpeter and led good bands of top players when he was active.
Alas, he came along at the end of the big band period as far as records go.
Have a great weekend, and say hello to all the gang -- Gunter and the
Boonies and to Ira Wesley if he is still playing with the Yankee
Wailers. We (Michigan Nighthawks) are playing our 13th Labor Day Weekend
festival closer at the summer long Jazz and Blues Festival in my own
little burg of Baldwin, MI this Saturday. Free bandshell affair at 7 pm EDT.

Don Ingle