[Dixielandjazz] AZ Classsic Jazz Festival...Nov 10-13

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 09:44:18 PST 2005

We have a great line up this year. On Nov 10-13 at the San Marcos Resort in
Chandler, Arizona we will have our 16th AZ Classic Jazz  Festival.

Bands include Titan Hot 7, Climax, Fulton Street (with Mr. Ringwald on
piano), Clint Baker's New orleans Jazz Band, Mighty Aphrodite Jazz Band (an all
girl dixieland band headed by Bria Skonberg and Clair MsKenna), High Sierra,
Ryan's taiders, Joe Hopkins' 52nd Street Jazz Band, Original Wildcat Jass  Band,
Dixiecats and Australias leading jazz vocalist, Nina Ferro.

On Saturday night we will feature Kid Merv, a wonderful trumpet player from
New Orleans who was displaced by Katrina.

In addition we will have John Sheridan and his quintet, Sine Qua  Non...which
includes John Cocuzzi, Allan Vache',  Jeff Hamilton, and Phil  Flanigan.

We will also have about 100 Lindy Hoppers from all over the world joining  us
for the festival. This is the 4th year that they have held a major Lindy Hop
exchange as part of our jazz festival. The live music stops at midnight, but
the  Lindy hoppers will bring in special DJ's and dance until 4:00 am.

The weather is great, please join us!

Joe  Hopkins
AZ Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
AZ Classsic Jazz Festival  Co-Director
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band 602-810-5888 or  480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)